What a year of change 2020 has been. Jobs changed, social interaction changed, it seems everything has changed. However, just because we are living in a time where social distancing has become the norm, doesn’t mean we can’t brush up on a valuable skill that will save money and help us meet new friends or stay connected with old friends! Starting January 2021 I’m excited to offer ONLINE COOKING CLASSES!
If you don’t know much about me, I am originally from Toronto, Canada. Over ten years ago my husband and I moved with our two small children to the town of Playa del Carmen, Mexico (about an hour south of Cancun), where the weather is humid, the water is turquoise, and the tacos are cheap. Moving here brought many adjustments not only to our lives but to how we cooked and ate. We learned how to do without the things we no longer had access to, substituted ingredients in common recipes for a new spin on them, and, of course, learned the beauty of the Mexican food around us. I love to learn how to perfect a recipe, and mostly, share food with others. Now I want to help you do the same.
With job changes, tighter budgets, and not being able to always get to our favorite restaurants, we have cooked and eaten at home more than ever. It saves money, keeps us safer, and as food always does, brings us closer together. Why not make the most of your time at home by brushing up on your cooking skills, learning new tricks and techniques, and expanding your repertoire of recipes?!
You will enjoy live interactive cooking classes in the comfort of your kitchen. You will get step-by-step coaching, cooking tips, and be able to ask all the questions you want. I can even advise you what local ingredients to use as substitutes in case certain ingredients aren’t available to you.
Classes are kept small so that I can guide each student step by step the same way you would be in an actual class environment. This also gives everyone time to ask questions, and for me to provide suggestions and encouragement along the way.
Here are the details:
- Join by Zoom, each Zoom connection is $15 USD, payable by Paypal or Interac E-Transfer.
- Price is per screen: feel free to have your family members join in!
- To start with, regularly scheduled classes will be scheduled Fridays and Saturdays at 1 PM EST. More will be added if necessary
- Those times don’t work for you? Organize your own group, choose the class, day, and time that works for your group (5 zoom connection minimum)
- You will be cooking yourself while being able to interact with me, the teacher, and the other students.
- You will receive an email with a list of the necessary ingredients prior to the class.
- Classes are generally approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length unless otherwise noted.
- Cooking with Kids! Classes specifically for kids ages 6-13 with adult supervision. Recipes kids will love!
- Don’t see what you like? Send me any recipe requests that you have and we will see what we can do!
- Email me at email@example.com for more details and scheduling
- GLUTEN FREE CLASSES ALSO! Email me for details!
CURRENT MENU SELECTION
- Mexican! Chicken Flautas with a simple avocado sauce
- Middle East! Falafel and tzatziki sauce
- Appetizers! Pork Ginger Potstickers
- Appetizers! Baked Buffalo Blasts
- Ukrainian! Pierogies (2 hours) ** We have two classes scheduled that have space: FRIDAY, JANUARY 29 at 1 p.m. EST, and SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7 at 1 p.m. EST. Email me now to reserve your spot!
- Italian! Homemade Pasta in authentic Carbonara sauce!!
- Cooking with Kids! Choose from: macaroni & cheese, or sweet and sour chicken. Shorter classes for shorter attention spans only $10 USD per connection **We have space in our mac and cheese kids class for SATURDAY, JANUARY 30TH at 2 p.m. EST. Email now to reserve your spot!
- More Mexican! Fish tacos, pickled onions, and a green salsa
- Fruit Pies. Pastry dough 101.
- Ice Cream 101. I will teach you a base custard and a few different basic recipes to get you started! Ice Cream Maker required.
- Looking for something in particular? Scroll through my recipes and we can create a class for you and a few friends on the recipe of your choice!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more details!